Tuesday, September 8, 2009

and...the battery ran out. (originally posted July 17, 2008)

I've spent about 12 of the last 80 hours sleeping and haven't slept in the last 36 hours. I definitely feel drained. I didn't go to my last commitment of the day though so I'll be able to sleep right now! (for the last time this year in Egypt??)

The rest of my day was pretty fun. I actually fell asleep for about half an hour after I finished that last post and when I woke up I found that I had some missed calls from Laura. I met up with her and her classmate George and we got some dinner at Koshari el Tahrir. Delicious as always. Afterward I sat with Laura for awhile before going back home to see some aunts and friends at my house and then going back to Garden City for a couple of hours.

My mom had sent me out earlier to buy some cream so that she could make icecream from the fresh mangoes from the tree in the garden. I was a little dubious as to how that would turn out but I just tried it now and it's delicious, really one of the best mango icecreams I've ever had.

I can't believe that at this time tomorrow, I'll be getting myself mentally ready to go the airport. I will have said goodbye/be saying goodbye to my favorite people in Egypt and putting my last electronic items into suitcases. It's real. I'm actually leaving. Tomorrow.
Posted by ayah at 12:21 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment