Tuesday, September 8, 2009

well I figured out what people do in summer (originally published August 28, 2008)

5 weeks and one day after I wrote a post called 'what do people do in summer?', I'm starting classes unable to remember a single second of boredom this summer. I wrote at some point that boredom hadn't sunk in yet but that was just me being pessimistic; boredom never did sink in. My planner is covered in things I've done and things yet to do. I sleep 6 hours a night and yet every waking minute is occupied. I love it that way.

My job as an RA (Resident Assistant) started a couple of weeks ago and has been absolutely amazing so far. I love the ladies on my floor. Classes start today. I'm really excited about my classes this semester. I'm finally returning to Spanish after a two and a half year gap. I'm taking a linguistic-ish course, something I've always been interested in. I also have International Politics (if you know me, you know that I'm ecstatic about that). I'm even looking forward to my required Religion 100 course. The fall tennis season starts on Monday. I'm a little nervous because I'm still not playing my best but that's okay. I got a job as a tennis instructor!! I can't even put into words how excited I am about that. I always wanted that job but the supervisor Jerry said that he only hires people who work in the summer first which meant that, since I'm never here in the summer, I'd never be able to be a tennis instructor. He called me a couple of days ago asking me to work this session. When I listened to the message, I got happier than I've ever been in my life I think. :)

As a side note, motorized scooters/mopeds have made a big appearance in Fargo. I don't remember ever seeing people riding scooters around here before but I see them quite frequently now which is, of course, great.
Posted by ayah at 2:17 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment