Tuesday, September 8, 2009

NO, FEDERER, NOOO!!! (originally published July 8, 2008)

Roger Federer lost to Rafael Nadal in this year's Wimbledon final, the longest Wimbledon final in history. I couldn't even watch the match since none of the channels on the TV in our hotel in Fes were showing the match. When I saw the score online though I was actually upset. He was so close to a record-breaking 6 Wimbledon titles in a row. He's still my favorite though.

I also missed Williams day at Wimbledon. Serena and Venus Williams played each other again for the ladies' title. Although it happened before in '99 and '02 it was particularly remarkable this time since both of them have sunk considerably in the rankings in recent years and have just very recently started their climb back into the top 10 . Venus won and the two sisters returned later in the day to win the ladies' doubles title together. I, of course, saw none of it. :(
Posted by ayah at 5:31 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment