Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Eid el Fitr

I have little to report from a pretty uneventful Eid, but I'm posting anyway since Tant Nivo told me to.

No mosques have women's sections in India. In the morning yesterday the boys in our group went to the prayer at a mosque, and the girls just hung around. I walked into town and picked up some cookies from a bakery to bring to Asma's house. Asma is the sister of Sham, a Muslim man who works for Visthar, and we went to her house for lunch. It was delicious and it was nice to spend some time with a family on Eid, even if that family was not my own. After lunch we came back to Visthar and continuued class. Driving through the streets, you might not have guessed that it was a holiday. The only indication that it might be a holiday was that there were a few stores closed. Wish I had something more exciting to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment